Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Bear in the Apple Tree

There's a bear in the apple tree - yes, I'm serious!
Mama  bear is under the tree
And, wait, yes, two cubs IN the tree!
Well, the cubs couldn't reach the apples
So they climbed the tree
Now they can get at, and eat, the apples

They're SO cute!
Dear little cubs
I pray God will protect them and mama bear
Mama bear spies our fence
Will she come over?
I don't have any apple trees
My dog Toffee barks as mama bear approaches our fence
Mama bear backs off

Munch, munch, mama bear sits on my neighbours' lawn
Munching apples, crunch, munch, crunch
The cubs eating the apples in the tree

The bear family are satisfied now
They go back into the forest
I pray for protection for mama bear and her cubs
I thank God for the animal kingdom
I thank God for bears and this beautiful place

I'm truly blessed as my home backs onto forest
A forest where bears, coyotes and deer roam
Amongst others....
What a blessing, to live amongst these animals
What a blessing to see trees behind us
What a blessing to live in this lovely place

Blessed, blessed, blessed, truly blessed
That's what we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment