Sunday, May 23, 2010

Timmy the Angel

This is a picture of Mitzy - another black and white cat.  I have no electronic photos of Timmy and he passed away in 2000.



This poem was written for Timmy when he was still alive - he has since passed away.  I brought him from England to Canada with me in 1997 with 6 other cats and my dog.  Timmy was very special - a tamed feral cat who was loved by everyone and every cat and dog he met.

I have a little angel cat
He's black and he's white
And he's slim, not fat
He's loving and generous
Sweet and kind
He gives of himself and he never minds.

He is the anchor of the family
The other cats love him, it's plain to see
In the evening when Timmy with me likes to sit
One by one come the others, to love, to fit
All around Timmy they come to lay
To his right, to his left, or wherever they may

They snuggle together and smile and purr
They all love their Timmy, he grooms their fur
He washes their ears, he washes their shins
He nibbles the knots out from under their chins
Up go their paws, around Timmy's neck
To cuddle and snuggle and be Timmy's pet

Sometimes they compete for a place by his side
And they all surround Timmy, he's no place to hide
Sometimes he gets swamped by their love and affection
And looks for relief in another direction

When Timmy feels drained and he needs some relief
He comes to his Mummy and winds round my feet
I pick Timmy up for a cuddle and prayer
I often give thanks to my God that he's there
For life without Timmy is hard to imagine
What would we all do without Timmy's compassion?

Timmy, Timmy, Angel Cat
A gift from God, and that's a fact.


No comments:

Post a Comment