Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Toffee


Photo by Penny McKay, BC, Canada (c)



And so you sleep at end of day
You're tired now, worn out by play

You precious bundle
Precious dog
So full of love
A gift from God

In snow filled days
You find delight
But rain and storms
Give you a fright

Your fur is clipped
For summer now
You look so cute
With well clipped brow

My days are built around your fun
For I am now your human mum
We wake together at each dawn
And start our day with stretch and yawn

You're not a morning dog, I know
And sometimes breakfast comes and goes
You won't eat yet, too early still
Another nap will help, then fill
Your tummy with a tasty treat
I do so love to see you eat

And every evening we share
The sofa, with some loving care
As up to me you come and snuggle
My book put down, we have a cuddle

And when it's time once more to sleep
I know, my company, you'll keep
For we are one
My dog and I
And will be always
Till we die

And maybe even then, who knows
My Toffee: so much love she shows.....

No comments:

Post a Comment