Friday, April 16, 2010

A Dog's Love

What a privilege I have
My dog to live with me
He's always there, come rain or shine
To keep me company

Such playfulness is in his eyes
Such mischief in his face
Inspiring games of seek and find
And run and jump and chase

And when I'm sad he sits with me
His head upon my lap
Though no-one's there, but us two friends
He fills a wider gap

And when the day's beginning
And I climb out of my bed
He's there at once, 'come cuddle me'
'And be with me instead'

Our morning walk is always fun
And we are always keen
We walk a while, then stop and play
Catch ball upon the green

Our morning walks are fairly short
Just thirty or forty minutes
Then we race home for breakfast time
To see what the fridge will give us

When lunch-time's here, yes, off we go
In search of more adventures
My dog and I, each other's friends
Together we're a fixture

No better friend was ever had
Than my dog Scottie, faithful lad

I don't have an electronic picture of Scottie - he passed away a long time ago
This is a picture of my sister with her dogs Max, Sasha and my Toffee behind her on a
Canadian dog walk

No comments:

Post a Comment