Saturday, April 10, 2010

Remember Me for I live on

The grass is green, the sky is blue, the sun shines overhead
I walk around our cemetary and think of those now dead
Fresh flowers cut, and some in pots, are placed where loved ones rest
Though passed away, remembered still, these ones are truly blessed

I walk around well ordered paths, it's here I take my ease
My eyes drink in the peaceful scene, the birds, the grass, the trees
These trees are old and very big, they've seen a lot of things
And squirrels play amongst their leaves and birds here rest their wings

Here people come to pay respect, to say 'hello, I'm here'
They come to bring back memories of loved ones once so dear
And people pause, and people pray and people smile and cry
I see it all, upon my walks, as I go strolling by

These loved ones are the lucky ones, their graves are well attended
And yes, I know, that they are gone, their spirits have ascended
But they look on, I'm sure of that, I'm sure they know and smile
I think they too pay visits here and rest here for a while

I hope that when my time has come, I'll rest in such as this
A placed filled up with peace and love, I hope that I'll be missed
I don't want you to grieve for me, although I'll miss your face
I know you will put flowers here, to bless this hallowed place.

I believe that though we leave the earth when our time's come
That we go on, and think on this, our lives are more than one
Yes, we miss you, and you miss us, but we may meet again
This faith I have, allows a smile to come right through the pain

No comments:

Post a Comment