Sunday, April 11, 2010

Henry, Henry, Handsome Cat


Henry, Henry, handsome cat!
You're sturdily built, I wouldn't say fat
You're brown and you're tabby
Affectionate, kind
And if Penny bugs you, you really don't mind

A good game of tag, 'come chase me and see'
You're willing to play with the whole family
A rope or a feather, a string or a bow
They're all good cat playthings
You hide them, I know!

Now, where are those playthings?
I know where to look
They're under the bed or behind a fat book
They're under the cooker, the fridge or the table
In order to get them, I crawl and move cables
I dust away cobwebs, and pull out the chairs
To find those cat playthings, all covered with hair

And when I come out, all dusty, I find
Three cats are all waiting, with playing in mind
My work is rewarded with fun and with laughter
I sit and I watch them, now, who is the faster?
Well, Henry, he's big, but he's quicker than most
And Phoebe is small, but can leap on cat posts
And Tibby is goalie, he's firm and he's cuddly
No ball gets past Tibby, he lays on it bodily!

Around and around chasing playthings they run
Oops, over the table, oh isn't this fun?
Across the settee then leap onto the bed
Turn off the TV and watch us instead!

And when they're exhausted, they pause and then stop
Three cats in a heap, with the youngest on top
They snuggle and snooze and they smile and they purr
They look just like angels, but angels with fur!

No comments:

Post a Comment