Monday, April 5, 2010

In Praise of Chocolate!

You lift my spirits when I'm down
You satisfy a craving
You spread yourself on my taste buds
You chocolate I've been craving

I keep some bars to treat myself
Rewards for being good
I don't each much, but when I do
I enjoy you as I should

So velvety, upon my tongue
So rich, and sweet and comforting
The pictures that you conjure up
Bring warmth and joy and munching!

So good with coffee, milk, or tea
I savour every bite
Between the sips of drinks I find
Increasing appetite

So, you're an aphorodisiac
When taken fairly often?
Your reputation sells more bars
For hearts we mean to soften

So innocent, you lead us on
"Go on, have one bite more"
But though I love the taste of you
Yet still I know the score!

Too much of you will fatten me
How many is too many?
I wonder what the limits are
When calorie counting - any?

So, once a month I treat myself
One bar, or maybe two
Depending on how good I've been
Should I be telling you?

Ooh, chocolate, made in pretty shapes
In fancy little cases
All wrapped up in see-through bags
Oh my, just watch our faces!

We buy you and we take you home
As gifts for company
For birthdays, or a thank-you gift
For anniversaries

A welcome gift, at any time
You represent the heart
We eagerly share you with our friends
As each new box we start

No comments:

Post a Comment